Dummy UX Case Study : Mall Website Redesign
Dummy UX Case Study
This UX case study is to document processes involved in redesigning of ABC Mall website. The purpose of revamping is to improve user experience and to increase business values.
User Friendly Website
Enhance The Search Functionality
Increase Business values
User Research :
Urbanization and changing lifestyle of middle class made impact on Indian retail sector strategies. Today’s top-performing shopping malls has mixed-use businesses that incorporate social and various entertainment options.keeping this in mind, I have conducted user research to find out more about customer’s needs. What they feel about existing website? What are their Pain points?
Below are the few personas that help us to redesign the mall website.
One the basis of user research, below are the common pain points that need to be resolve.
- As mall has many shops it is difficult to locate a shop on website.
- Unable to check events, deals /offers.
- Site not working properly on mobile.
- Devices and on tablets Improper look and feel.
- Increase End user experience.
- Create leads through website.
One the basis of user research, below strategies need to be consider while redesigning the website.
- Bifurcate shops category wise.
- Easy navigation with header bar.
- Advance search bar on the home page.
- Show offers/Deals/trends on website landing page.
- Notify member users via SMS/mails.
- Make Responsive website.
- Add visual elements, micro interactions.
- Membership signup process.
Membership Signup Process
This feature meet both the business goals and user needs. Business will get more members through the online platform and on the other hand, customers will get exciting offers,real time update etc.
Signup process :
- Signup with Mobile number/email ID.
- Choose membership plan.
- Create virtual membership card with unique number.
Member user’s journey and activities :
- User visit a mall.
- Purchase accessories /tickets /food.
- While paying provide membership card number.
- User will get discounts and some points on every purchase.
- Receive discount vouchers .
- Get notification on email /mobile number regarding upcomming offers/deals/events.
- Privileges like preferred parking, discount in food courts can be offered to user.
Sitemap for a better understanding of overall website structure.
I have created some Web and Mobile low -fidelity mock screens to demonstrate the proposed redesign of the Mall website.
Web Mock Screens :
Mobile Mock Screens